Why Use Jones, Walker & Lake for Real Estate Closings?
1. First, why use a law firm for closings on the purchase or sale of real estate?
1. Competitive price – costs are about the same for a law firm as for a non-lawyer closing shop
2. A lawyer can render legal advice
3. Any binding real estate closing is, by law, based on a written contract. A lawyer has specialized training and experience on the legalities and interpretation of contracts. (See More)
4. A lawyer can handle all aspects of the closing process in-house – including drafting legal documents to resolve problems that arise as late as the day of closing so the closing can go forward as scheduled.
5. A closing acquaints clients with a lawyer who can handle other legal needs, whether in real estate or advice and representation in other legal matters.
6. A law firm gives peace of mind that all aspects of the closing will be handled by professionally qualified and responsible persons.
2. Secondly, why use Jones, Walker & Lake in particular, for handling real estate transactions?
1. Jones, Walker & Lake offers virtually unmatched experience and reputation based on thousands of real estate transactions over a period of some thirty years.
2. Jones, Walker & Lake’s breadth of experience in real estate law ranges from individual homes to large commercial transactions.
3. All closings at Jones, Walker & Lake are performed by an attorney licensed by the Virginia State Bar and subject to its exacting ethical and legal requirements. Jones, Walker & Lake enjoys a spotless record of ethical and legal service to its clients. It is committed to a standard of fair and confidential dealing with all clients.
4. Jones, Walker & Lake uses the latest in electronic technology and software for maximum speed and accuracy in bringing all aspects of a real estate closing together in a timely manner.
5. Jones, Walker & Lake is a Secure Insights (SI) Registered Closing Agent. The trend in the regulatory environment for real estate closings is toward more complexity and increased regulation, especially when a mortgage loan is involved. The SI registration acknowledges that Jones, Walker & Lake is up to date in knowledge and compliance with regulatory requirements (See below).
6. Jones, Walker & Lake uses friendly, highly competent, and experienced personnel at all steps of the process of settlement of real estate transactions.